Gwen (of Devlin O'Neill's Weblog) tagged me for a meme. The rules are as follows:
* Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
* Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird.
* Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
* Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Ok. So here's the first fact:
1. I don't do memes. Or chain mail. Or chain e-mail. I don't mind answering memes, I guess, but I'm not going to "tag" and bother other people with it. Send me anything that says, "pass this on to 10 other people within the hour" and it goes to that great wastebasket in the ether. I'm not "tagging" anyone. Any e-mail that says, "Keep it going! Don't let this message die!"......dies.
2. I used to play guitar in a local (and not very good) rock band. I started out playing rhythm guitar, and then switched to bass until I left the band for good. I still have a 12-string acoustic guitar, but it doesn't get played very much.
3. My nickname, "Dr. Ken" actually comes from the BBC TV series, "Dr. Who". And I'm talking about the old BBC series that started in 1963, not from the most current incarnation of the series (which I quite like, btw.)
4. I still read comic books, though I don't collect them. I have a "Pull" list at a local comic shop--as the new comics come in each week, they pull a copy of any comic I have on my list and save it for me. That way I don't have to worry about them being sold out before I can get to the shop. At last count, there were 51 titles on my "Pull" list.
5. Whenever I take some vacation time at work, I almost never go anywhere. The ideal "vacation" to me is one where I stay at home and can read, watch TV, go out to a movie theater, get take-out food, play on the computer or on my XBox console, listen to music....anything I want. As long as it doesn't involve going in to work--it's a vacation to me.
6. I hate seafood. There's something about it that my system can't handle. I gag or throw up.
It could all be psychological, but I have no desire to find out.
7. I am a horrible housekeeper, and "clean" only when absolutely necessary.
So now you know a few odd facts about me. If you'd like to take this meme and answer it on your own blog, please feel free. I'm certainly not going to "tag" you......