Saturday, October 20, 2012

Well, This Sucks

This is not the way my Saturday was supposed to go.

An out-of-town lady that I had been corresponding with off-and-on for a while was actually going to be in the Twin Cities this weekend.  We had talked about getting together for a cup of coffee, get to know each other a little better, and if things went well, there might even have been a spanking in her future.

Yesterday--Friday--my supervisor at work came up to my and informed me that the workload had been running heavy the last few days, and they were drafting me to come in for overtime on Saturday, one of my off days, to help get them caught up.

Now, I have nothing against overtime.  I don't get nearly enough of it, and I could certainly use the extra money. But of all the times for it to happen, it had to be this Saturday? 

So, instead of my Saturday looking something like this.....


...I'm afraid it's actually going to look more like this.....


There are times when I realize it would be nice to be independently wealthy......

2 comments:

Christie J said...

I hope your weekend ended up being more of the 1st pic, less of the 2nd.

Dr. Ken said...

Christie J--sorry to say that Saturday was pretty much 100% of pic 2, with any trace of pic 1 being non-existent. Perhaps this weekend will be better....