Saturday, August 16, 2008

And Speaking Of Birthdays....

August 16, 1958 (you do the math) is the birthday of the leading proponent of a little "Hanky-Panky"--Madonna!


That's right, Madonna turns 50 today. Hard to believe, isn't it? And it would seem that she's a little touchy on the subject. The number 50 is pretty much banned from her birthday party. No cakes or banners or ballons with the number 50. No birthday cards with the offending number displayed on it. Guests uttering the word, "fifty" are to be taken out and shot. (Okay, I made that last part up......but the rest of it is true. Madge seems to be willing to acknowledge that it's her birthday, but that's about it.)

Apparently her Kabbalah advisors have informed her that her "spiritual age" is 36. That must be something like your "mental age"--you know, you're actually 48 but you feel like you're 33. Well, Madonna's spiritual age knocks 14 years off of her. Hey, all of a sudden I find Kabbalah much more interesting! And you know, I'm actually 42--spiritually.

It seems like much ado about nothing to me, but if the former "Material Girl" wants to spiritually fudge her age, I'm not going to argue. I do, however, hope all of her guests line up and each one gives her 36 swats for her birthday spanking--with, oh, maybe 14 more for "good luck".

And, of course, one to grow on......


5 comments:

Indy said...

That does it-- I'm finding a group of spiritual advisors who will say I'm permanently 25 years old during the month of August. Come to think of it, my mother is still 39, so perhaps, to protect her reputation, of course, I should be even younger.

Hermione said...

When I heard "Hanky Panky" played on the radio for the first time, I instantly became a Madonna fan. That lasted for several years. I've grown out of it now, thank goodness!

As for turning 50, it didn't bother me as much as turning 40 did. That was a bigger shock.

Hugs,
Hermione

Dr. Ken said...

Indiana--good idea. That means you'll never be "too old" for a good spanking!

Hermione--Just don't grow out of your love for "Hanky-Panky"... :-)

Dr. Ken

Anonymous said...

If Madonna is 36, I guess that makes her 6 years younger than Halle Berry. Can't say I'm the greatest fan of her music, but she's certainly done a lot to popularize the spanko meme. And for that at she, she deserves a few good rounds of "applause", preferably of the one-handed sort.

Dr. Ken said...

Anonymous--there's nothing like one-handed applause applied to the right place! As for her "spiritual age" being 36--well, I suppose if you have her fame and money you get told what you want to hear....

Dr. Ken