Wednesday, October 5, 2022

That (Spankable) Girl From...

 In 1962, two talented musicians, antonio jobim and vinicius moraes, were sitting on a beach in Rio, and every day they would notice this beautiful young lady pass by.  No surprise, it inspired them to wrote a tune about this girl who was tall and tan and young and lovely....

Years after, I believe it was a Playboy magazine that tracked that young lady down and did a pictorial of her.  So here are some select "spankable" shots of Helo Pinheiro--The Girl From Ipanema.



















How many years had passed between the song and her posing for these photos?  Let me put it this way:  her she is posing with her daughter....









The Spankable gene doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

La mère qui met une fessée à sa fille ….

AussieJenny said...

Hi! Dr. Ken, Ilove that song, thanks. Bye for now, Jenny.

Dr. Ken said...

Anonymous --Maybe.

AussieJenny -- I actually knew how to play that on the guitar a long, long time ago. No chance that I remember it now, of course, but it's still a good song!

gentbb said...

One of my favorite songs. never knew about the picotial.

Thank you loads!

GentBB

Jimc said...

I loved the song as it did leave quite a impression on a young spanko.it is nice to see an actual picture of the woman although in our world tanned would apply to get bottom.great find.Thanks
Jim

Dr. Ken said...

GentBB -- I never knew about the pictorial either. I just stumbled across it while doing searches online.

Jimc -- It was a great song. I actually had learned to play it on the guitar a long time ago. It's nice to see the inspiration behind it.