Wednesday, August 31, 2011

By Way Of Illustration

I mentioned in my last post that I've come to have a better appreciation of drawings and illustrations, whether the subject is a spanking or just a spankable lady. So it should come as no surprise to you that for the last few days I've been browsing through the new blogs I recently added to the blog roll.


While going through the Spanking Art blog, I came across an illustration that seemed to ring a bell. A short dive into my trusty archives found the photo on which the drawing is obvously based. Here they are--










Would you be surprised if I said I prefer the drawing?


There's nothing wrong with the photo, mind you. It's a lovely example of a "spankable"--a photo of an attractive lady and her bottom. In this case, she's lowering her panties, and hopefully somewhere off-camera is a man rolling up his sleeves and positioning a solid straight-backed chair in the middle of the room. It's the kind of photo that any Top would look at and wish he could have the lady over his knee for the next 30 minutes. There's an archway with a sconce, shelves with various items and knickknacks on it, and a covered armchair that is mostly hidden behind the subject of the photo.


The illustration eliminates all of that.....except, of course, for the girl.


By removing the wall, the shelving, the chair--in fact, all the background--the drawing eliminates all the distractions and forces us to focus solely on the subject at hand, namely the form of the lady. Against a stark white background, it's a much more powerful image. It's strength comes from it's simplicity. We can use our imagination to place her anywhere, in any setting we desire. It does what a good drawing can do--it captures a moment, and it establishes a mood, sometimes better than a camera can.


Which comes off the best? For me, the drawing is the clear winner between the two. But go back, look at both pictures, and judge for yourself......

2 comments:

kiwigirliegirl said...

i too prefer drawings (and cartoons) better than photos...not sure what it is...but there you go, each to their own.
Lovely drawing too :)

Lea said...

I love that drawing as well. One of my favorites that I've come across.