Friday, October 9, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARZ! (No, Not The Planet...)

This post will be a slight departure from the normal fare as I take the time to wish Marz a very "Happy Birthday".

Who is Marz, you ask? The short answer is that he's a fellow Minnesotan and a fellow enthusiast of This Thing We Do. As far as I'm concerned, that's reason enough to send him best wishes for a happy day of celebrating from me and my friends--and by "my friends" I mean these completely random pictures of women in various stages of undress that I found on the Internet--like these:



And these:




Some famous (and not-so-famous) people who share their birthdate with Marz--
Eddie Guerrero--popular Pro Wrestler with the WWE
Bruce Catton--noted historian and author
Brian Lamb--co-founder and CEO of C-SPAN
Aimee Semple McPherson--Pentecostal radio Evangelist
Jacques Tati--French director who wrote and starred in "Mr. Hulot's Holiday"
Zachery Ty Bryan--played son Brad on the TV show "Home Improvement"
Brandon Routh--played Clark Kent/Superman in the movie, "Superman Returns"
Steve Burns--Co-creator and original host of the Nickelodeon show, "Blues Clues"
Tony Shaloub--Emmy award-winning actor who stars as the obsessive compulsive detective on the TV show "Monk"
Scott Bakula--star of TV shows "Quantum Leap" and "Star Trek: Enterprise"
Sharon Osbourne--wife of rocker Ozzy Osbourne
Jackson Browne--musician and songwriter; wrote "Running On Empty"
John Entwistle--Bassist for The Who
John Lennon--singer, guitarist and songwriter for The Beatles (like I really needed to explain who he is)

So have a Happy Birthday, Marz, and I hope you have a wonderful day and that it leads into a wonderful year for you. But don't let the celebration get too crazy--we all remember the scene the next morning from last time:





If you know Marz--or even if you don't know Marz--leave him a "Happy Birthday" message as a "comment". I'm sure he'll enjoy reading them. Or just send him a birthday wish mentally. The Universe has an excellent message delivery system.....



2 comments:

Ann said...

Ok, having seen the impressive list of folks Marz shares his birthday with, I had to look and see about my own (it was only 3 days ago!) And I feel completely cheated! I recognized 3 names easily. (George Westinghouse, Elisabeth Shue, and Carole Lombard) and had to look up the other 3 (Le Corbusier, Amy Jo Johnson and Britt Ekland).

Anyway...Happy Birthday fellow Minnesotan Marz!

Dr. Ken said...

Ann--I recognize Britt Ekland! And a belated Happy Birthday to you!