Thursday, July 30, 2009

Went To And Going To

I went to a Spanking Party a couple of weeks ago--and for a change, I didn't have to pay admission, buy an airline ticket, book a hotel room or pay for cab fare. That's because the party was right here in Minnesota!

Ever since I started this blog--and for many years before that--i bemoaned the fact that Minnesota seemed to a barren wasteland when it came to spankos. I knew they were out there, but I was having no luck whatsoever in finding them. I always thought Minnesota needed a Spanking Community scene--I also know the time and difficulty that it takes to put something like that together, and I knew organizing something like that was beyond me. Thankfully, a few short weeks ago, I met someone who felt the same way. Thankfully, they were willing to do something about it!

Now, in case you're wondering, "How come I didn't hear of this event?", the reason is simple--it was a private house party, and the people who got invited were people that the host knew. There were, in their words, "spankos from out of town, spankos from in town, and a few spanko-leaning bdsm folk." (Because of the fact that it was a private party, I'm obviously not going to mention any names or locations or go into any great detail.)

The host set up a set of house rules, which should be rule number one for anybody hosting a party. The people were all warm and friendly (by the end of the night, some were "warmer" than others.) The "spanko-leaning bdsm folk" were, at first, a little cautious in regard to what would and would not be acceptable at a Spanking Party. In fact, I think everybody was a little hesitant at first. Once the ice was broken, though....! I spent the majority of the night just getting to know people and (hopefully) letting them get to know me, but I did get to double up with another gentleman on one lovely lady. It wasn't a typical spanking for me, but a lot of fun, nonetheless!

It was a night of good people, good food, good accordian music (yes, you read that right--you can't make that stuff up!), and I'm hopeful that it signalled the start of an ongoing spanking community here in Minnesota. We've needed one for some time!




(The ladies pictured here weren't at the party--but they should have been!)

That's one spanking party down.....one to go. Chicago Crimson Moon is hosting their summer spanking event this coming weekend, and I hope to get down there. I have a lot of good friends in that group, and it will be nice to see them again....and to spank several of them, if all goes according to plan! It promises to be a fun event. I've no idea how many people will be there, but there's a pajama party on Friday night, and a vendor's fair Saturday afternoon. Audrey Knight was planning on attending, although that may have changed because of circumstances beyond her control. Spanking model Sarah Gregory is going to be there, too. I look forward to meeting her. I've enjoyed the work she's done for Punished Brats and other sites.

All told, my spanking world is perhaps starting to pick up! The dry spell may be over.....fingers crossed!


5 comments:

Radha said...

Sounds like fun. Especially the accordian music! LOL!
Hope you enjoy Chicago.
love,
radha

pammie said...

Sounds like fun-- and a safe place to get spanked. I'm just going into a dry spell-- again-- dang it.

Dr. Ken said...

Radha--thanks, it was great. And I always enjoy my time in Chicago--my two favorite people to play with will be there, so a good time is pretty much guaranteed.

Pammie--Sorry to hear about the "dry spell". I've been through those--I hope yours doesn't last too long!

Hermione said...

Dr. Ken - I'm so happy for you! It must be tough to have to wait for a party in another part of the country to happen before you can enjoy spanking.

I hope this is a sign that more spanking opportunities will come your way.

Hugs,
Hermione

Dr. Ken said...

Hermione--thanks, and you're right. I love going to the Chicago Crimson Moon parties--I've made many good friends there after all these years. But it would be nice to have some ladies closer to home to play with more often than once every three months....

We'll see what happens!