Sunday, January 29, 2012

What's Your Blues Name?

Here's a fun meme that's been going around. No, it's not spanking related, it's just for grins and giggles.

It's a variation on the "what would your name be" game. The first one I heard of was, "What's your stripper name?" You took the name of your first pet as your first name, and you used the name of the street you grew up on as your last name. (I usually amend that last one to "or the nearest named cross-street" to avoid names like "Sammi 27th Avenue".)

This one Jake and Elwood would approve of. It's "What's your blues name?" You use the initials of your real name and look them up on the chart below. (You can click on the chart to enlarge it and make it easier to read.)

So, if I use "Dr." for my first name, I use the letter "D" in part 1, which gives me "Old".

If use "Ken" as my middle name, I look up "K" in part two and get "Boy".

Wait a minute...my blues name starts off as "Old Boy"? I'm not sure Ilike the direction this is going in. What are they implying?

Part 3 provides the last name, so I wind up as "Old Boy Smith".Here's the chart:




So....what's your blues name? Tell me in a comment....

6 comments:

Jake said...

Hmmm...not so sure I like my blues name much, either. It turns out to be "Boney Sugar Hopkins". Boney Sugar?

Lea said...

Pretty Eyes Rivers. Hmm, could be worse.

Dr. Ken said...

Jake--Sounds like your music would be sweet, but a little raw. The system does lend itself to some strange combinations....

Lea--Actually, I'd say that's one of the better ones!

Anonymous said...

Old eyes tompkins? hmmmmm :)

Devlin O'Neill said...

Old Gumbo King? Sounds like a restaurant in Yazoo City. ;-)

Dr. Ken said...

Dev--Imagine the franchise possibilities!