Monday, July 15, 2019

Just Another Monday (More Or Less)



I have started a new project, one which promises to be a monumental undertaknig--for me, anyway.

I have started to go through my archives, folder by folder, file by file, in an effort to get things more organized.  By the time I'm finished, if, for example, I want to find a picture for my "Friday's Scream Queen" feature, I won't have to comb through hundreds of pictures in "File Folder One" to find something suitable--I'll just go to the file marked, "Scream Queen" and take a picture from there.  Not only will this save me time in the future, but it will help me eliminate a lot of duplicate photos.  Right now it's entirely possible that I have the same picture in 7 different folders under the same file name.  Consequently, you won't wind up seeing me use the same picture 7 different times in the course of 3 months.  (In many cases, the same picture will be under different file names.  The hope is that, if they're all in one folder, it'll be easier for me to recognize that fact and delete the unnecessary ones.)

Anyway, I started this past week with my first picture folder, and after a week I'm up to files starting with the letter "E".  In other words, this is going to take me a LONG time.  It should be worth it in the end, though.

I'll still be posting daily--or, at least, trying to post daily.  If you come here and there winds up being no post for that day--don't panic, I didn't suddenly decide to stop the blog.  It just means I got caught up in my reorganizing efforts and had to let that day's posting slip by.

With any luck at all, that won't happen.  But if it does--now you know why.

For now, though--it's just another Naughty Girl Monday.....







2 comments:

smuccatelli said...

Good luck on your latest endeavor. Just out of curiosity, in ALL your photo files, how many pics do you have altogether (duplicates included)?

Dr. Ken said...

smuccatelli -- I had to grab a calculator to help me add it up, but at the moment, with duplicates and all-- 41,051.

Minus the duplicates -- 107. LOL (just kidding)