Monday, October 17, 2016

Overheard on THE VOICE


THE VOICE, a singing competition show, is back for another season.  Along with the two long-time coaches, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, are new additions to the show Alicia Keyes and Miley Cyrus.  And they certainly have brought a fresh energy to the program.

Each coach has selected their team, and last week they started the "Battle Rounds".  Two members of a coach's team perform a song together.  At the end of it, the coach must decide a winner and a loser.  The winner goes on to the next round of the competition.  The loser goes home.  There is an option at this point, however.  If one of the other coaches thinks enough of the loser's potential, they could "steal" him or her, putting them on their team and giving them a second chance.

That's clearly the scenario that Alicia Keyes had in mind after her first two artists sang.  Both gave amazingly good performances.  Before declaring a winner, she let it be known, "If for some reason anybody goes home, I'm whupping one or two ass."  She was looking in the direction of Adam Levine and Miley Cyrus when she said it, causing MIley to reply, "I'll take it!"

Alicia continued her thought.  "Sooo...don't make me whup you."

And Miley Cyrus responded, "Don't threaten me with a good time, honey...."



3 comments:

Enzo said...

LOL, that is great on so many levels!
Doesn't surprise me that Miley made those comments.

Best,
Enzo

smuccatelli said...

I've often thought Miley has a "kinky" side. In this case, I'd be happy to oblige her. I don't know if she'd thing it was a "good time" but I sure would. ;-)

Dr. Ken said...

Enzo -- I haven't been a big Miley Cyrus fan, but I'm really enjoying her on "The Voice".

smuccatelli -- I know Miley's stage act does include some mild spanking--probably more like bottom-patting in terms of intensity--but that's probably more for the spectacle of it than anything. It's hard to say whether she has a kinky side or not, although I think she'd be willing to try almost anything once....