The casting for the lead roles in the Fifty Shades Of Grey has finally been done. And if you think the recent casting of Ben Affleck as Batman in the next Superman movie caused a furor, you ain't seen nothing yet! Here are the stars::
In the lead role of Christian Grey--actor Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy, Pacific Rim)
And cast as Anastasia--actress Dakota Johnson. Dakota is the daughter of actors Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith.
Here's 5 things we know for sure about the 50 Shades movie:
1. The movie will be out Aug. 1, 2014. That seems to be set in stone for some reason.
2. The people in charge sort of knew all along that whoever was cast as Christian Grey, people were going to be disappointed.
3. Even though the casting of Dakota Johnson was announced first, in actuality the actor portraying Christian Grey was going to be the first role cast, and then a decision would be made as to who would play Anastasia. The chemistry between the two actors was what would be important--it had to be perfect and explosive.
4. Everybody (the studios, the producers, E. L. James) was monitoring the Internet chatter about the movie and who the fans thought should be cast. (For that matter, the Internet chatter if probably still being monitored....)
5. There are currently NO plans for movies based on the second or third book. (Perhaps the script for this movie will cover all three....?)
Number 2, above, proved to be particularly prophetic, Just like the casting of Ben Affleck as Batman, fans immediately started a petition against the casting of Charlie Hunnam as Christian Grey. Apparently they couldn't see past the scruffy, dirty looking character he portrays on Sons of Anarchy. People should relax and look past that show's publicity photos. I think Mr. Hunnam is going to clean up nicely for the Grey role.
And--pretty much as the petition to replace Ben Affleck--I think it's a safe bet that the petition against Charlie Hunnam will be totally ignored....