Wednesday, January 16, 2013

It's My Five-Year Blogiversary!!

It was five years ago--January 16th, 2008--that I came home from work, plopped myself down in front of my computer, browsed around for a bit, and then declared, "Heck, I can write a blog about adult consensual spanking!"

Of course, it may have been the Rum Chata talking.  I'm easily influenced when I'm tired after work.

And now here we are, 5 years and 1.1 million visitors on the stat counter later.  It's been a lot of fun, and I hope everyone who has come here and visited this little corner of spanking heaven had a good time, as well.

Now the question is:  how do I celebrate such an auspicious occasion?



I must admit, something along the lines of the picture above would suit me just fine.  Alas, while the palm is willing, the lack of a lap-mate leaves me searching for another answer.

Thankfully, I didn't have to think about it for very long.  Too much thinkin' will weaken ya.....

To celebrate my five years of blogging, I decided I'd combine two of my favorite things.  I've certainly made no secret of my love for the illustrations of the artist known as "Endart".  And I know I'm not the only one.  I took a look at the "keywords" for this blog--what people type into a search engine that directs them here.  Of the top 10, three of them contained the word, "Endart".  Clearly his work remains popular with today's Spankos.

My second favorite thing is TV.  I've said it before--I watch a lot of television, and my favorite shows are the source of many of the names that appear on my "Celebrities I wish I could spank" list.

I have a feeling that Endart was a TV fan, as well.  A number of his drawings depict spanking scenes that we would have liked to have seen in a variety of TV programs.  As has been said before, "There isn't a single TV show on the air that wouldn't benefit from having a spanking scene!"

Case in point:  Star Trek.



I've posted both of this drawings before.  The first one is called, "On the Bridge", and the ladies of ST:TOS
(Star Trek:  The Original Series) are clearly all in for some shipboard discipline.  The second, called "Old Meets New" depicts Seven of Nine being welcomed into the Star Trek universe.

(A side note:  Endart did at least one more drawing with a Star Trek theme.  It depicted Capt. Janeway spanking Seven of Nine.  Sadly, I must have accidentally deleted it at some point, because I couldn't find it when I searched my archives the past two days.  If anyone knows where a copy of that may be posted, please let me know by leaving a message in the "comments" section.)

All in all, I found something like thirty-seven Endart drawings that were clearly based on TV shows of the past.  As a way to celebrate my "Five year" mark, I'm going to post them during the next few days or weeks.  (As regular readers of this blog can tell you, I don't have a set publishing schedule.  I might post something every other day, and then not post anything for a week.  It all depends on my having the time available to do it, and that can vary a great deal.  So, I can't tell you how long it will take to get these posted, but I will get them all up, I promise.  Hang in there.)

  I hope you enjoy them--it's my blogiversary present to you!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It is quite an accomplishment. May you have many more years writing for us!

Love the art. Thank you. :)

Hermione said...

Happy blogaversary, Dr. Ken!

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

Thanks for five excellent years and I hope many more to come. XoXo

SPANKEDHORTIC II said...

Congratulations on your fifth.

Prefectdt

ronnie said...

Dr. Ken,

Congratulations on your 5th.

I love Endart. Hadn't seen the Star Trek ones before so thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Dr. Ken said...

alaisheart -- thank you! I don't how long I'll continue to blog, so I can't promise "many more years". But however long it may be, I hope you continue to come here and enjoy reading it.

Hermione -- You've been a faithful reader all this time. I really appreciate it when you drop by!

OldFashionGirl -- You're welcome. Hugs and spanks to you, my friend!

Prefectdt -- Much appreciated.

ronnie -- I feel like that old NBC compaign for it's reruns--"if you haven't seen it, it's new to you!" I almost can't believe you haven't seen the Star Trek illos before--glad I could show them to you!

Devlin O'Nell said...

Congratulations, Doc! Hardly seems possible, does it? Time flies when we're having fun. ;-)

-Dev

web-ed said...

I thought I had that Endart drawing of Janeway spanking Seven of Nine, but after searching my files I couldn't locate it.
Anyway, congratulations on your anniversary, Ken!

Dr. Ken said...

Devlin O'Neil -- And time flies when we're spanking buns!

web-ed -- I appreciate your taking the time to look. And thanks for the anniversary wishes!

Dave said...

Happy Spankiversary!

Love the endart stuff--you've posted a lot of material I've never seen before, which is cherryredtastic, of course.

alex reynolds said...

Congratulations on five years! That's quite an accomplishment! :D

fanz123 said...

Dr. Ken, the reason I think you can't find you Endart copy is that it is a Palcomix picture.
Link http://rule34-data-006.paheal.net/_images/84a1fb545c04c2dacdc99a5de9893d04/9027%20-%20Kathryn_Janeway%20PalComix%20Seven_of_Nine%20Star_Trek%20Star_Trek_Voyager%20borg.jpg
fanz123

Dr. Ken said...

fanz123 -- It's possible that I'm confusing the two, but I don't think so....