Monday, January 17, 2011

Three-Year Blogiversary!!!

Today's post is brought to you by the number Three. Can you count the three beautiful ladies in each picture?









Why "three", you ask?

Because January 16th marked the Three-Year Blogiversary of Spanking Minnesota!

That's right, three years ago I sat down in front of my computer and said to myself, "I should write a spanking blog." And every year after that, when the anniversary of that date rolls around, I stop, take a deep breath, and ask myself the same question: "What the hell was I thinking???"

It probably took the first year alone for me to figure out what I wanted the blog to be. I started out rather pedantic. I quickly realized that there wasn't much need for yet another spanking blog telling people to use safewords. It took time, but I finally found the formula that I liked, that was closest to my own personality--I've always thought of spanking as something fun between two consenting adults, therefore the blog should try to reflect that fun.

(And yes, even a serious discipline scene can be "fun" as long as it's consensual and both spanker and spankee are getting what they want and/or need from the scene. "Fun" does not necessarily mean that you're just playing pattycake back there, or spanking in a more sensual manner, or limiting yourself to "mock discipline" sessions.)

So here's to three years of song parodies, humorous photo captions, and reports of spanking in the media. Here's to movie and TV reviews of full-blown spanking scenes or the occasional one-whacker.

Grab a party hat and a noisemaker. Cake and ice cream will be served. And for any ladies wishing to receive three swats in celebration of the day, the line forms on my right.

Let the spankings continue!

10 comments:

SPANKEDHORTIC said...

Happy Blogiversary, hope you have many more.

Prefectdt

Bonnie said...

Congratulations, Dr. Ken! <:D

Anonymous said...

And many more to come! xoxo

Larken said...

Happy Third Blogiversary, Dr. Ken!

Dr. Ken said...

Prefectdt--thank you. I'll take it one post at a time and see where I end up!

Bonnie--thank you, Bonnie! A lot of this blog's success is owed to "My Bottom Smarts". Thanks for the support!

OldFashionGirl--Sort of like the number of swats you get in a spanking.....you know there are "many more to come". LOL and thanks!

Larken--Many thanks for the anniversary wishes!

sixofthebest said...

Congratulations Dr. Ken, on your third anniversary. 'Spanks a lot', for your interesting blog.

Cheryl said...

Goodness, has it been three years? Congratulations, Ken. And keep the great spanking content coming.

Hugs,
Cheryl

Chross said...

Congratulations :)

Chross

Dave said...

To the good Doctor Ken: Congrats and keep on bloggin'!

Dave

Dr. Ken said...

Cheryl--Oh, I'll keep the spanking coming, all right! :-)

Chross--thanks so much!

Dave--You cave me a little boost 3 years ago by putting "Spanking Minnesota" on your blog roll--and look what happened! Yeah, it's practicly all your fault... :-)