Thursday, August 26, 2010

Something To Look Forward To

Fans of spanking in movies and on TV may have a little something to look forward to.

First, there appears to be a bit of spanking going on in an episode of Jersey Shore (or as I like to call it, "I Was So Drunk Last Night That I......") The first episode of the second season concluded with a montage of scenes from future episodes, and in one of them, one of the girls wearing tight white shorts (Angelina, I think, although I could be wrong--I don't watch the show that often to be sure) is being hoisted up over somebody's shoulder. Pauly D steps forward and gives her bottom a couple of smacks. The clip ends there, so I have no idea what's going on or if there is more to the scene than that, or if those two swats are all there is. I guess I'll just have to keep watching in order to find out.

Second, if you can wait until December 25th or so, the Coen Brothers remake of the John Wayne film, True Grit, hits the big screen. This is the film which saw La Boeuf (Glen Campbell) take a switch to Mattie Ross (actress Kim Darby). At first, John Wayne (as Rooster Cogburn) approves--helped, in fact, to set the whole thing up--but he then steps in to stop things because La Boeuf is "enjoyin' it too much."

In the remake, Rooster Cogburn will be played by Jeff Bridges. The character of La Boeuf will be portrayed by Matt Damon. Mattie Ross will be played by an unknown actress, 13-year old Hailee Stanfield. As much as I enjoy spankings in mainstream movies, the fact that Mattie will be portrayed by a 13-year old makes me lose interest right there. (I don't know how old Mattie was supposed to be in the original version of the film, but Kim Darby certainly looked older than that.)

There's no way of knowing at this point (unless you worked on the film) if the spanking scene is even going to be in the remake. The Coen Brothers may have found some other way to portray this incident. On the one hand, it is an important scene. It's the moment when Rooster Cogburn stops considering her to be a pest and lands firmly on her side. On the other hand.....well, it's like I said. She's thirteen. I prefer my spankees to be of legal age, both in film and in reality.

I'm guessing the scene actually will be in the film, based solely on the fact that they picked an unknown actress for the part. Some actresses in the past, knowing Hollywood's proclivity for this sort of thing, actually used to have "no spanking" clauses in their contracts. I don't know if such clauses still exist today, but an unknown in her first film probably wouldn't have one in her contract. But again, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Anyone else have any "spankings in movies or TV" news?

2 comments:

Hermione said...

"No spanking" clauses? Really? I think my preference would be for a "no frontal nudity but bare-bottomed spanking". To eash her own, I guess.

I must watch for Jersey Shore. I saw a single swat (F/m) on Boston Med and have been trying to find a clip of it on YouTube so I could share it. Perhaps words will have to suffice.

Hugs,
Hermione

Dr. Ken said...

Hermione--some actresses, obviously, didn't care for Hollywood's penchant for walloping the bottoms of leading ladies in the films they made. Others, I'm sure, didn't mind--and some may have even looked forward to it.