Friday, August 6, 2010

The Long And Winding Road

Chicago Crimson Moon held their Summer Spanking Spectacular last weekend (I'll write more about that in another post), and I was able to attend in large part because a lovely lady I know offered me a ride. Money has been so tight for me lately that, if I'd had to buy a plane ticket to get to Chicago, I may very well have decided not to attend at all. But she was going as well, and when she made the offer to ride with her, I jumped at it. Pitching in for gas was a much better deal than paying for airfare. Plus, rather than travelling alone, I got to enjoy the trip with good company, good conversation (I'm not a sparkling conversationalist by any means, but I certainly enjoyed the talks we had), and, of course, music.

Lots of music. A whole lot of music CDs, in fact--which is fine, I enjoy a wide variety of music.







The only music I don't like is Country Western, and--thankfully--there was none of that in her travelling CD collection.

So why do I mention the music?

Because here it is, almost a week later, and a number of the songs that got played as we drove to Chicago are still running through my head. You' d be surprised at some of the looks you get from the people at work when you walk around whistling "The Teddy Bears Picnic".

Heck, one day I even found myself humming "The Beer Barrel Polka", and I know for a fact that song was never even played during the trip! Maybe it was because we drove through Wisconsin....

So, that's the dilemma. On the one hand, I've very grateful for the ride. On the other hand, I've still an odd assortment of tunes firing across my brain.

I don't know whether to thank her or spank her!

I think...probably.... both. (WEG)

No comments: