Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What's In A Name?

What's in a name? A lot, apparently.

According to the stuff of myth and legend, names have power. A name is something to conjure with. A name automatically calls up an image of that person--especially if you enter it into an Internet search engine.

Whenever I check the stats on my blog, I always look at the Keyword Analysis. The keyword is the word or phrase that gets entered during a search that might lead you to these pages. And clearly, the most popular phrase that brings up mention of Spanking Minnesota is one containing someone's name, usually combined with the words "spanking" or "spanked".

When I first started looking at these stats, I was surprised to discover that the number one phrase that brought people to me was "Laura Decarteret spanked". If that leaves you scratching your head, she's the actress that got spanked by Clive Owen in the film, "Shoot 'Em Up". I had done a review of the DVD shortly after I had first started this blog. I couldn't figure out why that would be so popular until it dawned on me that people were probably searching for a video clip of the scene. (Sorry about that, folks! No clip here.)

I must drop a lot of names. I've talked about the "spankable" casts of a couple of TV shows. My musical take-off of Nickelback's "Rock Star" was all about TV stars I'd like to spank or like to see spanked--verse after verse of names. I've mentioned the site, "Punished Brats" and a number of the wonderful spanking models there, and quite a few of them wind up as keywords. Even in today's analysis, I noticed the keywords, "Sarah Gregory" (a Punished Brats model) and "Lucy Liu spanked"--both ladies that have been mentioned here in the past.

There have been keyword entries for Beverly Bacci, Juliet Valentina, Amber Pixie Wells--all from Punished Brats. Judy Greer spanked, Veronica Mars spank, spanking Lauren Graham, Jennifer Aniston, Emma Caulfield, Alyson Hannigan spanked, Sarah Michelle Gellar, spanking Buffy.......well, you get the idea.

So that's the power of a name these days. And every one of them in a search engine could lead people to come and take a look at my blog. I'm not complaining--the more traffic, the merrier. And that's just spanking models and TV stars--just imagine the number of people I'd get if I wrote something about a movie star, like Halle Berry!

(Ahem) That's "spanking Halle Berry"....... :-)


(photo from an Esquire magazine shoot)

7 comments:

Michael said...

I enjoyed your post, Dr. Ken. Thanks for the insight on the keyword analysis, very entertaining. Good idea with Halle Berry, one of my favorites, but I'm sure she's one of everybody's favorites. Don't forget to add "Spanking Angelina Jolie" and "Spanking Cameron Diaz" then you'll really be pulling them in. :)

Michael

Dr. Ken said...

Michael--if I give them each their own post--them and some of their Hollywood compatriots--I'll have enough material to keep this blog going a long, long time!
Next up--spanking Salma Hayek, Penelope Cruz and Paz Vega...next week, spanking Pussycat Dolls....
:-)

Michael said...

OOH! Pussycat Dolls, that's a week's worth of material right ther, Dr. Ken.

Michael

Dr. Ken said...

Michael--and a pretty good week it would be, too!
I can get another day out of it if I include honorary member Christina Applegate...

Michael said...

Christina Applegate! Love her, Doc! Thought 'Married... With Children' was a hilarious show. I see we do think alike. World, better hide all your daughters. ;)

Michael

Dr. Ken said...

Michael--World, hide your daughters...from Michael.
Send them here to me in Minnesota! LOL
Christina Applegate has always been a favorite. Of course, I watch so much TV, I have a LOT of favorites....

Dr. Ken

Anonymous said...

oh man I had the biggest TV crush on Christina Applegate in my younger years...*sigh*....SO so spankable..

Dave